Harry And David - Christmas gift gone bad
My sister sent us a box of their "premium" "gourmet" pears for xmas. The pears were simply oversized Bartletts that arrived bruised, blackened and scabrous. Then another box mysteriously arrive - and the pears were in the same condition. You can't even save these things by making pear sauce out of them, because Bartletts don't really a strong pear taste.
I am perfectly capable of going to the Buford Farmers' Market or Great Wall or Nam Dae Mun and getting beautiful fresh fruit. I do not think that a company run by a hedge fund knows or cares anything about fruit - or their customers.
I'm telling my sister to cease doing business with Harry and David. And also that the really GOOD tasting pears are the Bosc and Seckel varieties. Not these tasteless GMO monstrosity Bartletts.
More Review Details
What I liked
What I disliked
- Quality and quantity of product
- Rotten fruit
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality
- Preferred solution:
- Go out of business.
- Product or service
- Harry And David Gift Basket
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "Received a gift of pears, sausage, cheese for Christmas. Pears were rotten and leaking fluid in the box. After 4 email exchanges with their customer service, I finally replied that..."
- "The package arrived beautifully wrapped, complete with nice tote bag and ice pack to keep strawberries frozen. Upon opening the 4 beautifully wrapped boxes each containing 6 covered..."
- "I ordered food yeterday 1veg soupand veg noodles as I was at a friend's place who is a bhramin and they delivered chicken noodeles instead of veg noodles..lt was..."
- "I write to introduce our financial services to you. I am a direct mandate to a Financial Institution who is also known as private lender specialized in the Lease and..."
- "I would like to apply for a Canadian permanent residency from Dubai. I am an Indian with a masters in business administration and currently working as a Business Development Manager..."
- " Hi to who it may concern on the 20th January I brought a nice and easy hair= dye did as instructed on box to do hair stran test even..."
- "I ordered shoes from their site and the shoes shown had metal links, but when they arrived they were made with cheap material with gold color!! not even close to..."
- "DO NOT USE THIS TOWING COMPANY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The guy driving the two truck tried to rob me or he said he was going to "leave me on the side of the road"..."
- "I found a wood chip in my family sized Classic Lays. As soon as I opened my sealed bag, I saw the wood chip on top. Had I not seen..."