Harry And David - Christmas gift gone bad
My sister sent us a box of their "premium" "gourmet" pears for xmas. The pears were simply oversized Bartletts that arrived bruised, blackened and scabrous. Then another box mysteriously arrive - and the pears were in the same condition. You can't even save these things by making pear sauce out of them, because Bartletts don't really a strong pear taste.
I am perfectly capable of going to the Buford Farmers' Market or Great Wall or Nam Dae Mun and getting beautiful fresh fruit. I do not think that a company run by a hedge fund knows or cares anything about fruit - or their customers.
I'm telling my sister to cease doing business with Harry and David. And also that the really GOOD tasting pears are the Bosc and Seckel varieties. Not these tasteless GMO monstrosity Bartletts.
More Review Details
What I liked
What I disliked
- Quality and quantity of product
- Rotten fruit
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality
- Preferred solution:
- Go out of business.
- Product or service
- Harry And David Gift Basket
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I had a guy named Russell that came to my house on 1/8/13.He said his boss had a truck full of meat & no room to put it & so..."
- "The package arrived beautifully wrapped, complete with nice tote bag and ice pack to keep strawberries frozen. Upon opening the 4 beautifully wrapped boxes each containing 6 covered..."
- "Not once but twice I received a gift of pears that were tragic to look at: black spots, scabbed skins (perhaps a plant disease), shriveled up - the second time..."
- "I Stayed at a Days in in Owensboro ky The room was Filthy We sat in Dirty chairs untill morning and drove home sleepless The Lady at the..."
- "PRIMROSE business conduct is FRAUD!!!! The owners Felicia Hinds is ripping off families that leaves the school for whatever reason!! without providing a proper invoice or brake down of cost (illegal?!)..."
- "I had been a costumer of alonai, but in one order that I put for the end of year sale that they were having, I paid a order for 5..."
- "First the positive (which is why it's got a star at all): The company (when it shows up) is EXTREMELY fast, efficient and hard working. They know their stuff and..."
- "Around Sept 30, 2015, I started Roca Labs. The picture on the right was April 22, 2015, the one on the left was March 16, 2016. The regimen was the..."
- "I have spent alot of money at the buckle and against my wife's wishes, I bought expensive jeans that cost about $100 a piece. Within a year one of the..."