Featured Not resolved

My sister sent us a box of their "premium" "gourmet" pears for xmas. The pears were simply oversized Bartletts that arrived bruised, blackened and scabrous. Then another box mysteriously arrive - and the pears were in the same condition. You can't even save these things by making pear sauce out of them, because Bartletts don't really a strong pear taste.

I am perfectly capable of going to the Buford Farmers' Market or Great Wall or Nam Dae Mun and getting beautiful fresh fruit. I do not think that a company run by a hedge fund knows or cares anything about fruit - or their customers.

I'm telling my sister to cease doing business with Harry and David. And also that the really GOOD tasting pears are the Bosc and Seckel varieties. Not these tasteless GMO monstrosity Bartletts.

This person wrote the review because of bad quality of harry and david gift basket from Harry And David and attached a photo. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Harry And David to "go out of business".

The most disappointing in user's experience was quality and quantity of product and rotten fruit. The author asks this business to immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

Also, this reviewer considered the following company: Dean And Deluca. We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Harry And David for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Had an Experience with Harry And David?

Comments

What kind of imbecile would expect a quality pear from THIS company and at THIS time of year?

Seriously, if that were my sister I'd be questioning her sanity...

Those are rotten Comice pears, not Bartlett (Harry & David calls them Royal Riviera).Your's clearly did not survive shipping very well (they are more delicate than eggs).

Comice pears are picked ripe, stored in refrigeration for a month or two, then shipped. The cold storage makes them unbelievably sweet and delicious, but the duration also brings them very close to going bad. At this ripe stage, they bruise easily and then rot quickly from there.

As you said, you can't salvage them for anything.

H&D will send replacements if they arrive bad, but I don't know how many times...Christmas is just too late in the season in my opinion - but H&D is a gift company so Christmas is when they sell them.

#1091977

Same thing happened to us.Received one of those expensive packages with about 10 or 12 packages of various edibles.

You know what I'm talking about. Also included were pears and apples. I made pictures and was prepared to send them in to H & D. The pears were awful looking and not edible at all.

1 of 2 apples was the same. Called them to complain and got the nicest lady. Told her the problem and offered to send pictures which she said was not necessary. She appoligized heartily and offered replacement fruit shipped express.

Told her not to bother if they were going to be average sized rotten pears. Guess what, they arrived in the same shape.

Lesson learned.They don't have nice pears in December!!!!