Additional Fees
Turnaround Time

Beware when placing an order with Harry and David.I placed an order last night totaling $140 for two Christmas gifts.

This morning I discovered that H&D place TWO authorizations on my credit card for my order of $140 ($280 in total). If someone did not have those funds available on a debit card, this would have placed their account into the negative! I have been sitting on hold trying to talk to a human being at their 800 number for over 15 minutes.

I read on another site that this has happened to others, so this is not a one-off.I have already contacted my bank and will dispute this charge as well.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss problems with payment of a product or service and associated monetary loss in the amount of $140. Harry And David needs to "reverse the unauthorized duplicate charge" according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned a product or service in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Harry And David. You can also consider other company suggested by the author: Dean And Deluca.

Had an Experience with Harry And David?

Comments

Eugene, Oregon, United States #1260254

I ordered on Dec.12th and later checked my card account.

They charged again on Dec 13th. Impossible to get customer service. I e-mailed but have never received a response. I hope there is a class action lawsuit.

Ridiculous.

Just happened to me!I went to buy a present and my paypal was empty!

I have been on the phone waiting for customer service for more than an hour......

ridiculous!This will be my last order, for sure!

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States #1255298

Same thing happened to me and it did overdraw my account. I think a class action is warranted.

This just now happened to me.And the customer service lady said that "sometimes it can just be a duplicate notification" which makes me believe that they tell their employees to say that because she then hinted that I should probably check by calling my bank.

When I called my bank, they confirmed that Harry and David charged me twice for the same thing.Absolutely ridiculous