I left this as a comment on a review with an identical issue/experience, but I realize if I make it a review I can also include the picture.
We ordered the Organic Trio (apples, oranges, pears) as well as some other non fruit gifts.The order was supposed to arrive between Dec 17th-22nd, but didn't show up until the evening of the 24th (may have been fault of Fed ex).
It was shipped on the 14th, so when some of the fruit arrived past its prime, we chalked it up to shipping. I called and customer service was great. They said they'd send out a replacement right away to be delivered by the 31st. According to the label, the replacement were sent on the 29th and arrived today (31st).
Major disappointment. 1) they did not send the correct replacement (extra pears but no apples/oranges) 2) I'm sad to say the pears that arrived are garbage. I've seen much nicer fruit in the produce section of a grocery chain. 1/3 are spoiled with big soft spots.
All are severely blemished with multiple, large, dark brown/black spots. The size is a fraction of what they've been in the past, the color is lackluster, and they are misshapen. I have sent/received Harry and David gifts for decades purchasing through the mail catalog, at brick and mortar stores, and online. Given their history of high quality.
I am truly disappointed with their products this year. I have included a picture I took as soon as I unpacked the box. This is 100% an accurate representation of how they arrived straight from the box earlier today.
Also, they are not organic like we ordered.Because of the holiday, I will have to wait until Jan 2nd to address my issue with customer service.
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- The Favorite Royal Riviera Pears
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "The package arrived beautifully wrapped, complete with nice tote bag and ice pack to keep strawberries frozen. Upon opening the 4 beautifully wrapped boxes each containing 6 covered..."
- "Not once but twice I received a gift of pears that were tragic to look at: black spots, scabbed skins (perhaps a plant disease), shriveled up - the second time..."
- "Our delivery arrived two hours after our order was placed burnt and the delivery guy actually asked for a tip. We called to complain and the manager gives us ten..."
- "Hello John, Thank you for contacting Ashley Furniture Industries, Inc. in Arcadia, WI. I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing problems with your Ashley furniture. All warranties are..."
- "HB Anon, for all your righteous high-flown talk about "...Loss of cash value ...never has been deceptive..." isn't it funny how so few people--including most of the WFG agents..."
- "I know you came here to let your anger out and probably will ignore my review and favor those who are writing in anger it is ok I did not..."
- "Just moved into Waterbrook Apartments in Southern California and for 2 weeks we have been fighting with maggots outside on our patio. It took management 2 weeks to figure..."
- "I waited a month for my package to never come then when i said i was opening a dispute for my refund he himself changed original arrive by date from..."
- "I will never shop at art van ever again. My husband and I purchased a couch which we were told was leather. The sales man also sold us the leather..."