100% full Not resolved
3.5

I left this as a comment on a review with an identical issue/experience, but I realize if I make it a review I can also include the picture.

We ordered the Organic Trio (apples, oranges, pears) as well as some other non fruit gifts.The order was supposed to arrive between Dec 17th-22nd, but didn't show up until the evening of the 24th (may have been fault of Fed ex).

It was shipped on the 14th, so when some of the fruit arrived past its prime, we chalked it up to shipping. I called and customer service was great. They said they'd send out a replacement right away to be delivered by the 31st. According to the label, the replacement were sent on the 29th and arrived today (31st).

Major disappointment. 1) they did not send the correct replacement (extra pears but no apples/oranges) 2) I'm sad to say the pears that arrived are garbage. I've seen much nicer fruit in the produce section of a grocery chain. 1/3 are spoiled with big soft spots.

All are severely blemished with multiple, large, dark brown/black spots. The size is a fraction of what they've been in the past, the color is lackluster, and they are misshapen. I have sent/received Harry and David gifts for decades purchasing through the mail catalog, at brick and mortar stores, and online. Given their history of high quality.

I am truly disappointed with their products this year. I have included a picture I took as soon as I unpacked the box. This is 100% an accurate representation of how they arrived straight from the box earlier today.

Also, they are not organic like we ordered.Because of the holiday, I will have to wait until Jan 2nd to address my issue with customer service.

hdnyc wrote the review because of bad quality at Harry And David and attached a photo. Reviewer claimed that he or she lost $60 and wants Harry And David to offer any options to resolve the issue.

Also, this reviewer considered the following company: Dean And Deluca. We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Harry And David and harry and david shipping service for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Had an Experience with Harry And David?

Comments

My pears look a little worse than this.Looks like Harry and David are no longer a good source for fruit.

I think I will go to ALDI and buy some pears there.They are smaller, but look a lot better and are only $2 or $3 for a whole bag.

Today I received my third!!!shipment of over riped and bruised pears!

And it's still part of the first month's shipment of a 6month gift my family received. The first two shipments were absolutely horrid.

I can't imagine someone packaged and shipped this type of fruit!Instead 6 bad pears, now I have 12!