Harry And David - Received this disappointing box today!
I left this as a comment on a review with an identical issue/experience, but I realize if I make it a review I can also include the picture.
We ordered the Organic Trio (apples, oranges, pears) as well as some other non fruit gifts.The order was supposed to arrive between Dec 17th-22nd, but didn't show up until the evening of the 24th (may have been fault of Fed ex).
It was shipped on the 14th, so when some of the fruit arrived past its prime, we chalked it up to shipping. I called and customer service was great. They said they'd send out a replacement right away to be delivered by the 31st. According to the label, the replacement were sent on the 29th and arrived today (31st).
Major disappointment. 1) they did not send the correct replacement (extra pears but no apples/oranges) 2) I'm sad to say the pears that arrived are garbage. I've seen much nicer fruit in the produce section of a grocery chain. 1/3 are spoiled with big soft spots.
All are severely blemished with multiple, large, dark brown/black spots. The size is a fraction of what they've been in the past, the color is lackluster, and they are misshapen. I have sent/received Harry and David gifts for decades purchasing through the mail catalog, at brick and mortar stores, and online. Given their history of high quality.
I am truly disappointed with their products this year. I have included a picture I took as soon as I unpacked the box. This is 100% an accurate representation of how they arrived straight from the box earlier today.
Also, they are not organic like we ordered.Because of the holiday, I will have to wait until Jan 2nd to address my issue with customer service.
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- The Favorite Royal Riviera Pears
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "My family and I have used Harry and David many, many times over the years for gifts of individual boxes of fruit to Fruit of the Month Club. This year..."
- "I was just about to pay for the shipping of my free 14 day trial of Peak Life Prostate and then I read the Terms on the ordering page, you..."
- "Delightful Delivery?! More like Deceptive Delivery! These guys jack up the prices on their menu items, while making it appear like they are the restaurants' actual prices. There are no disclaimers..."
- "CheapCaribbean has false advertising!! And don't try to contact a customer service representative they won't answer or are even concern!! They have hotels as 3 1/2 stars and fake..."
- "to Progresso Soups, today i purchased this can of Progresso Traditional Chicken and Wild rice soup from the store i buy soup at weekly. i found this neon green plastic piece..."
- "I should have learned my lesson after a prior incident with Bob's Discount Furniture, but I gave them a second chance and now I'm paying for it.My family purchased a..."
- "Dear Sir/Madam; Good day!I've been calling your customer service and waiting for 20 minutes everytime i call, unfortunately never answered at all. Anyway,may i request your good office for a"..."
- "Order 32 chairs, 12 of them either have scratch or nails through the back to the front. They never sent me any tracking numbers or delivery date even I called..."
- "I too fell victim to this company. I saw a cute dress for $30 that would be perfect for my engagement photos! i paid to have the express shipping as..."