Harry And David - Received this disappointing box today!

44 of 127 Harry And David reviews

I left this as a comment on a review with an identical issue/experience, but I realize if I make it a review I can also include the picture.

We ordered the Organic Trio (apples, oranges, pears) as well as some other non fruit gifts.The order was supposed to arrive between Dec 17th-22nd, but didn't show up until the evening of the 24th (may have been fault of Fed ex).

It was shipped on the 14th, so when some of the fruit arrived past its prime, we chalked it up to shipping. I called and customer service was great. They said they'd send out a replacement right away to be delivered by the 31st. According to the label, the replacement were sent on the 29th and arrived today (31st).

Major disappointment. 1) they did not send the correct replacement (extra pears but no apples/oranges) 2) I'm sad to say the pears that arrived are garbage. I've seen much nicer fruit in the produce section of a grocery chain. 1/3 are spoiled with big soft spots.

All are severely blemished with multiple, large, dark brown/black spots. The size is a fraction of what they've been in the past, the color is lackluster, and they are misshapen. I have sent/received Harry and David gifts for decades purchasing through the mail catalog, at brick and mortar stores, and online. Given their history of high quality.

I am truly disappointed with their products this year. I have included a picture I took as soon as I unpacked the box. This is 100% an accurate representation of how they arrived straight from the box earlier today.

Also, they are not organic like we ordered.Because of the holiday, I will have to wait until Jan 2nd to address my issue with customer service.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Reason of review:
Bad quality
Preferred solution:
Let the company propose a solution
Monetary loss:
Product or service
The Favorite Royal Riviera Pears
Review category
Delivery
review #761916 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Harry And David? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
44 of 127 Harry And David reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Jan 22 #1099401

Today I received my third!!! shipment of over riped and bruised pears! And it's still part of the first month's shipment of a 6month gift my family received. The first two shipments were absolutely horrid. I can't imagine someone packaged and shipped this type of fruit! Instead 6 bad pears, now I have 12!

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.