My family and I have used Harry and David for many years. This year 2 of my family members sent me packages.

One family member ordered 3 items to send to me, ordered at the same time. These items finally made it on 3 different days. One of the items (pears) was handed off by FedEx to USPS and no notification was sent, so the pears sat in my mailbox for several days in the Texas heat. They were very ripe, so had to beat eaten quickly.

The other 2 items did not arrive on the date promised. One item was chocolates and the ice packs were completely thawed. The other item was a boneless turkey breast and a boneless ham, marked overnight delivery. The meat was received mostly thawed.

I was okay with all that, then I receive a notification that another gift is being sent, this one from my uncle. He ordered a prime rib beef roast to be delivered with 2-day shipping. We were notified that it would be delivered on the 24th. It was shipped on the 21st and we did not receive it until the 26th.

This item was room temperature, my husband measured the temperature at 69.6 degrees. I contacted Harry and David and the customer service rep had the gall to ask me if it tasted bad. I laughed and said would you taste meat that is room temperature and you have no idea how long it has been at room temperature. So he proceeded to order me a new one to arrive on the 28th.

I was notified by FedEx that it would arrive on the 28th. It is now the 29th and still no package. Since tomorrow is Sunday, I'm sure it won't be delivered until Monday and I will have another piece of spoiled meat on my hands.

Ugh, I'm so frustrated. I like Harry and David's products, but this may make me think twice about ordering from them.

Product or Service Mentioned: Harry And David Shipping Service.

Reason of review: Problem with delivery.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

Comments